web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Shiny, Flexible Poop

One of my coworkers feels the need for a colon cleansing. My colon is self-cleaning, but I guess not all colons come with that feature. She doesn't just want to add fiber to her diet or take a laxative for relief, she wants to scour every nook and cranny of her colon until it's squeaky clean.

She's been researching colon cleansing products on the internet. Some products work in only one hour. How scary is that? How is it possible to swallow some capsules and only an hour later to have a cleaned out digestive tract? That must hurt.

Anyway, some of the sites have photos of what comes out during the colon cleansing. Being a nurse, I've seen plenty of poop, but I've never seen poop like this. The photos look like the lining of the colon came out. I've never seen poop that is shiny or that can be draped over a spoon. Have you?




Oh, I almost forgot. Don't read this if you're squeamish.


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 4/02/2006 07:48:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, HP, that is interesting. What a scam colon cleansing is. I'm glad that you decided not to do it in the end. :)

 
At 4/03/2006 03:27:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

"Waaaaaaaaaaaah"......warnings go at the beginning of the post LOL...i bet you did this on purpose!!!

 
At 4/03/2006 10:56:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, you know I did. :)

 
At 4/03/2006 07:31:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Well, that will teach me to eat dinner and then check out your blog <:o

 
At 4/03/2006 07:54:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

My blog isn't for the squeamish. Most of the time I use remarkable restraint, but not this time. :)

 
At 4/04/2006 12:23:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

HP, what happened to your blog? I can't find it.

 
At 4/04/2006 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

this is my new one Melissa... I just had a weird experience is all... I felt that I needed a new start I guess. I haven't put up a new template yet...so it is pretty boring at the moment.

 
At 4/04/2006 03:14:00 PM, Blogger beajerry said...

Why are they taking pictures of their poop in the first place? If it's marketing, I'll bet it ain't really poop.

 
At 4/04/2006 03:33:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, I'm looking forward to your new blog. I hope that all is well with you.

Beajerry, I have my suspicions also. I wondered if it's animal intestines. It is strange that people would photogragh poop, but then it's also strange that someone would post the photos on her blog. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home