web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Chunky Fluids

This is a popular drink in some cultures. I don't really get why.


There is curdy stuff that has a texture like custard, but is nondairy.


It also has round slimy things that remind me of fish eyes.

It reminds me of some grape juice that a patient gave to us once. It came in little cans with Asian writing on it. With the last sip, a squishy object slid into my mouth. Alarmed, I reached into my mouth and pulled it out. It was a peeled grape. I don't know why, but it scares me when drinks come with chunks.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 03:49:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

wasn't there a drink a few years ago called orbit? it had weird slimy balls in it.

 
At 4/06/2006 04:09:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks icky. I can imagine you've seen all sorts of gross things in liquids. I don't blame you for not wanting to drink stuff like that..

 
At 4/07/2006 11:41:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, I have no idea what this is called, but it sounds like your orbit.

Leesa, no one offered me any so there wasn't even the option of trying it. That didn't stop me from photographing it.

HDT, I'm okay with pulp and even a few seeds. It's gooey things that scare me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home