web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Birr Castle

On a day that was one degree colder than the refridgerator at our B & B , we visited Birr Castle. A better name would have been Burrrrr Castle. People still live in the castle, so it was off-limits, but we got to see the grounds. This is the same castle where the henges, described in a previous post, are located. I wish that I could go back and visit the garden, but on a warmer, drier day. It was absolutely gorgeous.

I hope that everyone can see the photos. I still having Blogger problems.











~ Home

5 Comments:

At 5/18/2006 03:27:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

Yes! The first six photos came through. The last three did not load but that could be due to my slow, flaky dial up connection. But the ones that did, wow! So pretty; so green; so cold and wet. But then that that why everything is so green and pretty. Sure must have been a shock going back to work as stated in your other post.

I'm getting my once a year Dove bar tomorrow (I think) for doing such a good job on the classroom for our open house tonight. I think I'll pick dark chocolate with almonds :)

 
At 5/18/2006 04:47:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm glad that the photos are finally starting to work. Thanks for trying so hard to visit my site.

By the way, you get a choice of flavors? That's not fair.We always get milk chocolate without nuts. If the chocolate isn't dark, what's the point in eating it?

 
At 5/18/2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

The luscious greens are just as I remember Ireland. Beautiful pictures!

 
At 5/18/2006 11:22:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Well i can now officially say "I hate dial up"!! It was worth the 10 minute wait, they are really beautiful.
As for work, just think in a few days you'll feel as though you've never been gone!

 
At 5/20/2006 03:41:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Karen, I flew over Germany and spent some time at the airport. It looked as Green as Ireland.

Michelle, I'm sorry that it takes so long to download the photos. It already feels like I've never left work. *sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home