web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Auto Angst



I found this car parked on my street. I don't feel quite this way about my car, but I'm thinking that it might be time to buy a new one. It has almost 85,000 miles on it and the engine is starting to sound a little different, louder and more high pitched. My instincts are telling me to dump it while the dumping is good.

The problem is, I have no idea what I want. Well, I know what I want, but as far as what I can have, nothing interests me. I need a practical car that I can fill with dogs, lumber and manure. A little sports car is what I want, but it just wouldn't work for that, unless, I kept my car for those times when I need a practical car and the rest of the time drove a sports car. But that would be too extravagant and I'm not sure that my depression-era parents would understand. (Just so that we get this out of the way, yes, I'm fifty and still worry about what my parents think.)

I know that men sometimes go through a mid-life crisis and end up with a red sports car and a young blonde second wife, but I don't think that's my problem. I'm just so tired of driving a stinky dogmobile. It would just be nice to have a car that is fun to drive and to have one thing that's not filthy and covered in dog. (Although, the odds are good that I would want to take my babies for a ride in the sports car.)


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 7/02/2006 05:15:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ah yes, i can see you in a nice little red convertible, top down, 3 boys in the back, wind in all of your hair!
No doggie slobber on the windows...that could be a good thing!

C'mon you know you want to!

 
At 7/02/2006 05:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep your car (especially if it's paid off) to use as the dogmobile. You should have a sporty red car. I'm aiming for that next, myself. :)

 
At 7/03/2006 06:12:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

I wish I had two vehicles. A beat up old light truck and a nice new little sedan.

BTW, I don't know why, but I think it is very charming that you still worry about what your parents think about what you do.

 
At 7/03/2006 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle, you're supposed to be the voice of reason here and talk me out of it. (I was picturing soft yellow or bright blue.):)

Lisa, see what I wrote for Michelle, that applies to you too. :)

Gary, you must be the only person in the universe who finds that to be charming. It was charming of you to say so. :)

 
At 7/04/2006 09:56:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I ended up with a minivan and a young blonde first wife.

 
At 7/05/2006 11:22:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

First wives are good. I bet my ex wishes that he still had his. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home