web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Fish Sisters


This is Murphy being introduced to his new fish sisters, Judy, Debbie and Sosamma. They are now in the murky, green pond and it will probably be weeks before I see them again. That's not entirely a bad thing. If I can't see them, then predators can't see them either.

I'm not good at keeping fish alive and the survivors tend to disappear. If one of them survives one year, then I will consider that to be a success.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 7/01/2006 10:38:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

Do you have a pump / filter in the pond?

 
At 7/01/2006 11:31:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Awwwww, how cute!

 
At 7/02/2006 05:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Murphy is thinking, "You need to get into the pond! It's SO COOL!"

 
At 7/03/2006 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Karen, I have a filter, but it can't keep up.

Michelle, thanks.

Lisa, for some reason that reminds me of the time that I put a bag with a fish in it in the pond and left it to float awhile to equalize the temperature. When I came back, the bag was on the lawn. Murph had taken it out of the pond. The fish was fine. He may have been saying, the pond is mine, you get out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home