web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, June 30, 2006

Didn't Make It And A Burger

I came back from my break and my coworker told me that my patient "didn't make it." I just stared at her, totally confused. The patient was fine earlier and I hadn't heard a code called. It didn't make any sense. What could have happened while I was gone?

What happened was that she didn't make any pee. After I was done laughing, I explained to my coworker what it means when someone doesn't make it.

**********************************

A coworker and I were discussing doing an "in and out" on a patient. This is a type of catheterization where we leave the tube in until the bladder is drained and then remove it. I overheard another coworker telling someone that she was craving an in and out. I turned, looked at her and asked, "You want to be catheterized?"

When she was done laughing, she said that she wanted an In-N-Out burger.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 6/30/2006 01:08:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Remember in school when kids would take the

In-N-Out
Burger


bumper sticker and cut the 'B' and last 'r' off of burger to make this:

In-N-Out
urge


:)

 
At 6/30/2006 01:30:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Hmmm, maybe she was craving a different kind of in and out. Her husband is out of the country. ;)

 
At 6/30/2006 10:30:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

*giggle*

Bit of a difference between a burger and a catheter, grin

 
At 7/01/2006 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

And there's also a bit of a difference between a burger, a catheter and you know what. :)

 
At 7/01/2006 07:46:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

Oh man!!! Now I want an In n out burger.... don't have them here :o(
Micky D's is really gross here but Burger King is pretty good.

 
At 7/01/2006 08:56:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Someone who's smart will start an In-N-Out fanchise in England.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home