web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, July 03, 2006

Rooster Food And Kleenex

While grocery shopping in Ireland, we kept seeing big bags of rooster food. All shops sold it, even in cities. And, yet, despite all of the rooster food, we never saw or heard a rooster. I was starting to wonder if Irish people ate rooster food. It turned out that they did. Rooster is a variety of potato.

They also have unusually large Kleenex. I'm not sure why. We used it for napkins.



~ Home

4 Comments:

At 7/03/2006 10:18:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, that sure is a huge box of Kleenex! Maybe the Irish have bigger noses than the rest of us!

 
At 7/03/2006 10:36:00 PM, Blogger Tati said...

...or larger potatoes ;-)

 
At 7/03/2006 11:48:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

I have seen the kleenex here... I thought it was funny too. I have never seen the rooster potatoes... I wonder what they are like.

 
At 7/04/2006 10:27:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Michelle and karen, either that or their noses produce more snot. It is cold there.

Madwag, I'm not sure, but I think that they are red potatoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home