web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Working Braless

Most of my scrubs are loose fitting. I could hide a baboon under my clothes and no one would know, so I don't bother wearing bras to work. And let's be honest, I don't have big enough mammaries to really require a bra. A camisole top or t-shirt under my scrubs is sufficient to protect my modesty should I bend over and someone sneaks a peak down my top.

But today, Richard said that he was going to visit and I wanted to look nice. That meant wearing a fitted pair of scrubs which requires a bra if I want to have any kind of shape at all. I figured that Richard was worth the sacrifice of wearing that miserable instrument of torture digging into my ribs.

Guess what? Richard never showed up. I wore a bra for nothing. He was probably busy, tired and eager to go home and figured that he could just as easily visit tomorrow or the day after. After this, I'm just going to wear my baggy scrubs with no bra and not worry about Richard. But I'll still wear lipstick, just in case.


~ Home

12 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

You have some nerve! You have to wear a bra one day and you cry about it. I haven't left the house without a bra since elementary school!

 
At 1/17/2007 12:01:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Sarah, however I must admit that being buxom does have its advantages ;)

 
At 1/17/2007 12:58:00 PM, Blogger Surgeon In My Dreams said...

Working in an office with two men who wouldn't notice if you walked in without your head has its advantages too!

Just to be on the safe side though, I've been wearing the little two-shirt sets for a couple of years now. I HATE wearing bras!

 
At 1/17/2007 06:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I don't feel too sorry for ya, either... :)

Did you ever find out where Richard is on the weekends? Just wondering.

Don't make me send Vinny out to keep an eye on him.

lol

 
At 1/17/2007 08:18:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I would leave a comment, but I don't think I'm qualified to speak about bras. I've never worn one. That I can remember, at least. :)

 
At 1/17/2007 08:56:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Sarah, but think about how great you look.

Connie, not that I would know, but I've heard that men like buxom women. Is it true? :)

Surgeon, I worked without a bra today and am so much happier. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who works braless.

Lisa, I'm still working on that puzzle. I would like to have him followed, but that so reeks of desperation and restraining orders.

Gary, lol, you would remember, trust me.

 
At 1/17/2007 10:48:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I worked without a bra today, too!

 
At 1/17/2007 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

LOL, sadly i echo Sarah's comment. I'd kill not to wear a bra, its the first thing that comes off as soon as i step in my front door!

 
At 1/18/2007 04:06:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

I've never worn them, but I have taken them off.

 
At 1/18/2007 10:34:00 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

OK I'll trade you, my very uncomfortable bustline for your legs. It would be great! I could reach every cabinet in my kitchen without having to climb on a stool, I would wear shorts every day, I could walk twice as fast, oh my gosh, without the boobs I could even run!

 
At 1/19/2007 12:39:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, well, that's two of us. Don't you feel so much more free without a bra?

Michelle, yeah, but you've got cleavage. That's something I can only have with duct tape. (don't ask)

Alan, is it disappointing if the girl isn't wearing a bra? Then there is less to take off.

Sarah, too bad we can't take turns. I would like to be tiny and busty for dates, but tall and flat the rest of the time.

 
At 3/03/2009 01:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so Jealous! My bra is the first thing that comes off at the end of my work day. In fact, I used to fling it off as soon as I got in the door. Lately I've been taking it off as soon as I get in my car to go home at work. It ends up flung in the back seat! I don't dislike...I HATE bras!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home