web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Boobs, The Z And New Furniture

Why is that I'm busier on my days off than on my working days? I had to get up early, wash my deodorant off and rush out of the house to get my boobs smashed between plates of plexiglas.

My clinic has two mammogram machines, one for small to average-sized breasts and the other for big mammas. They asked my bra size when I made the appointment to make sure my appointment was for the correct room. The small machine is the best one. It's new, digital and gives the best pictures.

I made the appointment in person while wearing a t-shirt. Anyone could see that I'm not a big mamma, not even remotely close. I could see that the young guy making the appointment didn't like having to ask my bra size, but I guess he's not allowed to estimate. He also had to ask if I had implants. Uh, if I had implants, would I really choose to be not quite an A cup? I just said no. He was just doing his job.

After getting squished, which didn't hurt at all, I had to rush to the car dealer for my cars' scheduled maintenance. In line ahead of me was a woman with my car's identical twin. She was clearly upset. A tow truck driver stayed with her while she cried and talked to various people.

She lost her car keys. The only way to fix the problem was to be towed to the dealer to have another set made. The dealer could not help her, at least not that day. She ended up being driven away by the tow truck driver and leaving her car behind.

That got me thinking. I only have one set of car keys. If anything happens to them, I would really be screwed too. I decided to order an extra set. I've heard that it is expensive to get new car keys and remotes, but I had to idea how bad it was. The oil change cost about forty bucks, the new key and remote cost two hundred and fifty bucks. Since I was spending money anyway, I also bought a new license plate holder. My old one advertised the dealer I bought the car from and it seemed rather odd to drive a Nissan with Saturn plates. That problem is fixed now. My plate now just says "Z".



After the car was taken care of, I had to rush home to meet the delivery men bringing my new couch and love seat. They had a five hour delivery window and I was away for the first hour of it. There was no evidence that they had come in my absence, so I just waited.

Having nothing better to do, I dragged the downstairs furniture upstairs, polished the wood floors and waited. I wanted to take the boys for a walk and buy groceries, but I was afraid missing the delivery men, so I waited. The time for delivery came and went. I called the store and they said to wait a little longer.

Eventually they came and dropped off the furniture. The boys immediately jumped on the couch and fell asleep. At least they approve of my selection. I'm not sure about the pillows that came with the couch, but that is easily fixed. I practically have a pillow store upstairs.




~ Home

10 Comments:

At 2/20/2007 10:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a nice loveseat:)

may
www.aboutanurse.com

 
At 2/20/2007 10:42:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

Very nice love seats... I think the pillows are great. You have a very cute home :o) to compliment your lovely dogs.

I didn't realize spare keys were so expensive...ouch...but good thing you have a set now.
xxx

 
At 2/21/2007 10:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pillows are wonderful, very springy. And your choice of furniture is perfect for hiding dog hair. Nice house.

 
At 2/21/2007 11:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is your car a convertible? If it is, you could have a license plate frame that says, "Z Z No Top"

 
At 2/21/2007 05:51:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

On Fridays I'm always looking forward to the weekend and relaxing for a couple days. However, I usually end up busier than on work days. (Yard work, home repairs, laundry, shopping, rewiring boats, and of course keeping the wife "happy".) Almost look forward to Mondays so I can take it easy.

 
At 2/21/2007 09:31:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Clever Connie!

Hey i love your new couches...beautiful :o)

Ok, now i am really showing my ignorance...how do women with boob implants get a "good clear" reading on a mamogram? Wouldn't those saline thingys burst?

 
At 2/22/2007 08:15:00 AM, Blogger Becky said...

The couches look great..and the dogs are beautiful!!!

And good to know that members of the 'itty bitty titty committee' having mammograms won't hurt--i always wondered how in the heck they were going to do a mammogram on me when mine were well pretty durn small.

 
At 2/22/2007 11:20:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

May and Madwag, thanks.

Anon, the color is good for hiding dirt, but not fur or dried dog saliva. The slipcovers must go on.

Connie, lol, I need to suggest that to the dealer. They didn't have any choices that creative.

Alan, you are busier on your days off, but it sounds like you are "happier".

Michelle, implants do present more of a challenge for imaging, but they don't need a mammogram's help to break. They tend to do that all by themselves.

Becky, it's amazing what they can do with so little to work with.

 
At 2/22/2007 06:35:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I really like the pillows. It was nice of you to buy your dogs new furniture. :)

 
At 2/23/2007 07:53:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, well, it's nice of them to let me sit on the furniture too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home