web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hand Paintings, Part Two












~ Home

4 Comments:

At 3/07/2007 11:05:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

After your part 1 post I looked up the website for these hand paintings and sent a link to my brother. He told me that Animal Planet used these at one time to bring attention to animal extinction. He said the hand painting would be shown, only you didn't realize at first it was a painting on a hand, and then the hand would open up and the animal would "disappear".

I think these are amazing. Thank you for posting them.

 
At 3/10/2007 12:22:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks, Irene. I didn't know where that hand art came from. But what about the dalmation? Are they endangered? :)

 
At 3/10/2007 02:07:00 PM, Blogger Irene said...

LOL. Good one. I meant they used the ones that were endangered.

We had a neighbor once who wanted a dalmatian and then was sorry afterwards. Very high maintenance, not good with other people and he shed like crazy. I think in that case, he (not the neighbor but the dog) was endangered.

 
At 3/10/2007 06:42:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

My parents had a dalmation. For the 14 years he was alive, they could not take a vacation or even go out to dinner. He demanded and got constant attention. He was also the love of their lives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home