web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Delusional Drive

My car is under the delusion that I'm driving ninety miles an hour down an icy road around a sharp curve. Spinning wildly out of control, my car cuts the power to the gas pedal. There is just one problem. All I really did was turn the key in the ignition.

As soon as the car comes alive, it starts hallucinating. The "slip" light goes on and the car becomes almost un-drivable. The car will accelerate, but only after a three or four second delay. What I need to do is floor the gas pedal several seconds before the car needs to go, but I lack that particular skill. People honk at me when the light turns green and I just sit there. Yes, I know the light is green. I'm just waiting for the power to kick in. *sigh*

This started two days after I got the oil changed in my car. Is it a coincidence? I never had this problem before. So, now my car has to go back to the dealer. I wonder what they will break next time.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 2/25/2007 03:43:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I was once going down an icy road at 60 miles an hour toward a sharp curve with a stuck open throttle, but that's another story.

Seems like most of the repair problems these days are faulty sensors rather than a real mechanical/electric issue. It's real annoying (and usually pricy).

 
At 2/25/2007 05:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe the air cleaner..

 
At 2/26/2007 10:57:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, that is a story you need to blog about. By the way, I've tried three times to leave a comment on your bear post and have been blocked each time.

Anon, the only air cleaner I use is an apple.

 
At 2/26/2007 07:44:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

I just checked my blog settings, looks be OK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home