web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Turning Music


Kenny Rogers lives in his world and I live in mine. Except for an occasional annoying Indian gaming commercial, his world did not impact mine. Now, four times a day I am being assaulted by Kenny Rogers music. Life can be so cruel.

To remind us to turn our patients, turning music is played every two hours. At first it didn't bother me, but now the sound of his voice has the same effect as fingernails scratching a chalkboard. I don't know who chose this music, but I'm starting to have fantasies of revenge.

Someone did try substituting a Beach Boys CD, but we liked it so much that we never turned it off, which defeated the purpose of the music. It's also probably best that I don't associate the Beach Boys with turning patients. I don't want to ruin music I like.

I think the perfect song for turning would be The Volga Boatmen.

"Yo, heave ho! Yo, heave, ho!
Once more, once again, still once more"


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 3/08/2007 05:03:00 AM, Blogger dr. psy said...

A nurse and an attorney? Wow, you must have put some serious time in, huh?

Hi Melissa. Nice to meet you :-)

 
At 3/08/2007 08:44:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

I had no idea the song of the Volga Boatmen had words. I think I've only heard instrumental snippets.

 
At 3/08/2007 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Nice to meet you DR. Psy.

Dave, I didn't know that it had words either. I was just looking for the painting to decorate my post and came across the lyrics.

 
At 3/08/2007 04:44:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Maybe "Turn Turn Turn" by the Byrds would be a good choice. Love that Rickenbacker 12 string.

 
At 3/08/2007 10:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the most ridiculous thing ever. i will keep my fingers crossed that this absurd idea will never reach our hospital.

man, what's next?

may
www.aboutanurse.com

 
At 3/09/2007 03:05:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

How about using the old Birds song Turn, turn, turn. :)

 
At 3/09/2007 04:08:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Gee, good idea Gary.

 
At 3/09/2007 10:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember a song that goes, "Roll me over in the clover. Roll me over in the clover and do it again."

 
At 3/10/2007 12:18:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, doesn't that song have a line about "a time to die"? That might freak out the patients. :)

May, we have too many chiefs and not enough Indians. This is just one of many ideas by people with not enough to do.

Gary, nice try. Alan was too quick.

Connie, that sounds like a song about a roll in the hay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home