web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Water Fills A Vacuum





I've had my suspicions, but couldn't prove anything. Kelsey has been soaking wet and tracking in pond water lately. I thought perhaps he was just falling in the pond. He is a little clumsy and when he tries to drink from the pond, he sometimes loses his balance and falls in. But, today I caught him. He got in the pond on purpose. Darn, I have another water dog.

I still miss Murphy, the biggest water dog, and it seems strange to have a dry house now that he is no longer with us. Perhaps it feels strange to Kelsey too. His entire life, he has lived in a wet house. Perhaps now that the house has finally dried out, he feels a need to create the wet environment that he grew up with. I'm probably destined to live my life in a wet house.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 3/15/2007 04:59:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

This picture almost made me want to cry, only because it looks like Kelsey is looking for something... You know, they say dogs have a sixth sense... Maybe Murphy's spirit is still lingering at the pond.

 
At 3/16/2007 10:39:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I think Kelsey was looking for the bottom of the pond. There is a sharp drop-off and he hasn't quite figured out where it is.

He is doing well with losing Murph. Dogs are pretty resilient. I wish the same was true for people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home