web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Shower

My niece, pictured below, is getting married and today was her bridal shower. She lives on the other side of Disneyland from me, or at least her parents do. The bride actually lives in Minneapolis, so I guess I should be grateful that the shower was in Orange County, but it was still a long, miserable drive through heavy traffic in 94 degree heat.


This is my other niece. I'm almost thirty years older than her. I had my day in the sun and now it's her turn to be the head-turning blonde.

The girls below are wearing toilet paper wedding dresses. Making them was one of the party games. I think they turned out fairly well, especially with only a ten minute time limit. Given more time, I think that we could make a perfectly decent toilet paper wedding dress and save my brother some money. I wonder if the bride would go for it.





~ Home

8 Comments:

At 3/12/2007 01:21:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

I hate to disagree with you, but you seem to me to still be a head turning blonde. Though the heads may be a little older. :)

 
At 3/12/2007 10:31:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lol, you are right about the men who are still attracted to me. They are mostly geezers. :)

 
At 3/12/2007 11:34:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

I love the dresses!!!! I will have to remember that one for when my squirrels get married...someday... maybe??!!
You are still a head turner... you look great.

 
At 3/14/2007 08:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning Melissa and friends! Tell everyone I said hi! Big smiles! No frowns! Let's celebrate! Wanna dance? WooHoo!

 
At 3/14/2007 11:54:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, that was a cute party game.

Marc, have you been drinking this early in the morning? :)

 
At 3/14/2007 04:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you know what they say....early bird gets the worm. LOL!

 
At 3/14/2007 05:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The, uh, dresses are very creative :-)

 
At 3/15/2007 08:39:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

They also come off very easily. For guys, that is a good thing right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home