web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Beach Volley Ball

While at the beach in Hermosa over the weekend, I couldn't help but notice that something was going on. There was a large grandstand, TV cameras and crowds of people. It was a professional beach volley ball championship. I had no idea all of that would be there.

Below is gold medalist Kerri Walsh. She's the one with the long gorgeous legs. I had no idea that volley ball players were so tall. I usually tower over people, but next to her, I felt short and stalky.

This seems like a strange sport. The girls are real athletes, yet they have to wear itsy bitsy bikinis. Whose idea was that? The men wear modest trunks. Why aren't they required to wear Speedos to make things a little more fair?

If you can do it, it seems like a nice way to make a living. It must be nice to spend one's days at the beach, exercising in the sun. It sure beats emptying bedpans.





~ Home

2 Comments:

At 5/25/2007 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

I don't know who's idea it was, but I think it's a good one. I remember watching Kerry Walsh during the Olympics a few years back. Did you get a chance to talk to her at all?

 
At 5/25/2007 08:42:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

No, I didn't talk to her. I mainly just stared at her legs that were so perfect they looked airbrushed. (No, I'm not gay, not that there's anything wrong with that.) :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home