web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Driving Dog

It's exactly because of this kind of thing that I have a dog barrier in my car. I don't want dogs in my lap when I'm driving. MacKenzie managed to squeeze through a tiny space in the barrier and slide down my shoulder into my lap, while I was on the freeway.

Once she was in my lap, she turned in a few circles and plopped down, facing front. It looked like she was driving the car. To make sure that everyone around us in traffic saw that a dog was driving the car, she would every once in a while honk the horn.

Several years ago, when one of my big Goldens was a puppy, the same thing happened. Only that time a cop was driving in front of me and I was on the street my house is on. With my car swerving and horn blaring, I pulled over to the side of the road. I got out of the car to get my mail since the mailbox was there and the cop made a U turn and stopped opposite of my car. He watched me and then asked how I was doing. I said "fine" and asked how he was doing. He didn't answer and drove off. I guess he figured that my driving was impaired by dog, not alcohol.

Back to MacKenzie, nothing bad happened, it was just difficult to look around her in order to see to drive. I'm going to have to talk to her about the horn honking, though. It was a little tacky for a young lady to behave that way.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 5/15/2007 04:05:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

if my dog ended up in my lap I would wreck the car for sure...he is just too big to get away with that. He would if he could...I know that for a fact... I hope he never tries... knock on wood

 
At 5/15/2007 11:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our cat likes to ride around on Dave's lap whenever we have him in the car. We sure do get some funny looks.

 
At 5/16/2007 04:23:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

When I drive I get funny looks even without the cat! ;)

 
At 5/17/2007 12:27:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, your dog is big enough that he could drive the car.

Connie, they probably wonder what that blonde is doing in his lap. :)

Dave, you probably stand out because you don't have a dog and a pick up truck.

 
At 5/17/2007 12:34:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

LOL! This is true. I don't ski, fish, quilt or drink beer. I'm such the misfit. So what else is new? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home