web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Diaper Night

Wednesday night is diaper night, not for me, for MacKenzie. The problem is that the gardeners come in the middle of the night on Thursday mornings. Well, it's actually eight am, but it might as well be the middle of the night. I work evenings and sleep in late. Eight am doesn't exist for me except in my dreams.

The dogs must be locked inside the house when the gardeners come, so that means I either need to lock them in the house before I go to bed or get up when the gardeners ring the door bell. The latter scenario is most unpleasant. I have to throw on some clothes, lock the dog door and make sure everyone is inside, then run and unlock the gate. The whole time, the gardeners are revving their engines outside the gate. I then have to wait for them to leave, lock the gate again and let the dogs out. Then I go back to bed. Is it any wonder that I hate gardener day?

It is by far easiest to lock the dogs inside the night before, but MacKenzie either can't or won't go that long without emptying her bladder. I don't like having to spend Thursday before work shampooing the carpet.

I didn't think that it would work, but it occurred to me that diapers might solve the problem. On Wednesday night before going to bed, I put a diaper on MacKenzie. She didn't like my putting it on her, but once I was done, she didn't mind. The boys looked at her funny, but she seemed happy in her fancy pants.

The next morning I got plenty of sleep, the carpet was dry and MacKenzie's diaper was nice and heavy. Problem solved.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 5/13/2007 07:26:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

You've got quite a character there. :)

 
At 5/13/2007 07:51:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

She is a handful and has been getting lots of time-outs lately. Kelsey has scabs on top of his head from her trying to keep him out of the bedroom, but she is also extremely affectionate to me. She growls at him and kisses my face at the same time.

 
At 5/14/2007 10:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Kelsey. Have you tried putting them both on the bed and overpowering McKenzie (Dog Whisperer style) to let her know that you're the Alpha dog? The goal is to flip her to her side and hold her down gently, but firmly until she submits to your will.

It didn't work with our shepherd, but I'm wondering if it would work with her.

You're my new science experiment. LOL

 
At 5/15/2007 12:31:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Once I have everyone in bed, there are no problems. They can all sleep next to each. If someone leaves and tries to come back, then all hell breaks loose. MacKenzie is very submissive with me and already knows I'm the alpha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home