web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Secret Ingredient

I went to my parent's house for dinner. While eating the salad, I tasted some mint. I figured that my mom had gotten creative and added mint leaves to the salad. As I chewed, the texture seemed a bit odd. The more I chewed the more I came to realize that there was something terribly wrong. I pulled a wad of something out of my mouth and looked at it. It was used chewing gum, spearmint flavor.

I don't chew gum and neither does my dad. That left my mom as the culprit. I showed it to her and she started laughing hysterically. My dad thought it was funny as well. I thought it was funny too, but still, how did that happen? Did my mom spit out her gum in the salad?

The last time I found something disgusting in one of my mom's salads, it was a caterpillar. The time before that, it was a caterpillar again. The caterpillars upset me more than the gum, so I guess things are improving.

What surprises have you found in your food?


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 5/07/2007 07:18:00 AM, Blogger may said...

a caterpillar? that would have grosed me out big time, i will never eat your mom's salad ever:)

 
At 5/07/2007 10:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One time we went to a restaurant that had ants in the biscuits. Ewww.

 
At 5/07/2007 10:42:00 AM, Blogger My Heart On My Sleeve said...

My aunt always said, "What's worse than finding a worm in your fruit?........."

 
At 5/07/2007 10:42:00 AM, Blogger My Heart On My Sleeve said...

"Half a worm!!"

 
At 5/07/2007 01:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A used Bandaid.

 
At 5/07/2007 07:26:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I have never found anything, but I did get food poisoning a couple of times in restaraunts. Once from tomatoes and once from green beans. Not fun.

 
At 5/08/2007 08:14:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

hair... a big wad of it. there is nothing else that can gross me out as much as that did... I almost threw up... to make it worse... it was my MIL's hair, she was offended that I didn't eat all of my food and abruptly got up from the table... I didn't have the heart to tell her that I found half of her scalp in my chicken... I still haven't told her.. I just said that I was sick.

 
At 5/09/2007 12:39:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

May, I wish that I didn't have to keep eating them.

Connie, were they kind of like poppy seeds?

My heart, I have found half a worm on numerous occasions.

Anon, I once found a used bandaid in a can of fish. At least it was floating on top where it could be seen.

Gary, you're not looking hard enough. I bet there is lots of disgusting stuff in your food. :)

Madwag, I'm so used to eating hair and fur, that it wouldn't have bothered me. If the hair belonged to a stranger, than I would be upset.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home