web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

MacKenzie

It's now official (I think). The happiest little girl I've ever seen is now named MacKenzie (unless I change my mind). The little girl is no longer afraid of me. She follows me all over the house, smiles at me and kisses me whenever I'm within range. She is the sweetest, most affectionate little creature.

She and Tommy play all day and the two of them chase the evil squirrels in the pine trees. She can even play with a ball by herself. She tosses it and runs after it. It saves me the trouble of having to throw it.

MacKenzie isn't too sure about Kelsey, but she will make peace with him eventually. Kelsey has a compulsive licking problem and won't stop licking her. It gets on her nerves. Mine too.

Walking all of the dogs is a challenge. I spend most of the time untangling the leads and stepping out of the leads as the dogs run in circles around me. They love the walks, I don't.

MacKenzie was an outside dog at her prior home, but she is adjusting to being an inside dog quickly. She learned the doggy door without any formal instruction from me. She's good at sleeping in bed with me and knows that I like her to lean against me.

The only major issue we have is that she's not quite housebroken. One of the spare bedrooms is filled with poop. She'll catch on eventually, but in the meantime, the upstairs is getting stinky.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 4/26/2007 10:45:00 AM, Blogger My Heart On My Sleeve said...

Kenzie and Kelsey sitting in a tree......

McKenzie is an awesome name!!

 
At 4/27/2007 03:28:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I love the new name!

I had a shih tsu who refused to be housebroken. She kept pooping behind the big screen tv without us knowing it.

We wondered why things were getting stinky.

Good luck with your house training. Maybe some puppy pads to lure her to the door? They're supposed to be scented to attract a dog to want to eliminate on them.

 
At 4/27/2007 06:22:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

I hope she gets the idea soon... dog poo in the house is stinky for sure... I had a dog that did that *rolling my eyes, plugging my nose* ...
I am so happy to hear that she loves you and her new family... that is way cool...and the name is perfect.

 
At 4/27/2007 04:05:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

MacKenzie sounds like a good name.

The bedroom's full of poo? May want to think about cleaning it out

 
At 4/27/2007 07:22:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

My heart, their names are too similar and I'm getting them confused. Kenzie and Kelsey are leaving me tongue tied.

Lisa, MacKenzie is good at the doggy door and most of the time does her business outside. I just need to impress upon her that she must always go outside.

Madwag, it sure was stinky today with it being so hot.

Alan, shampooing the carpet was my big project for today. What a way to spend a day off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home