web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Sex Shoes

While sitting at a red light, I watched a young woman walk in front of my car. She was disabled and had an awkward gait. Even with my windows closed and radio on, I could hear a loud clacking sound with every step. I thought perhaps she was adjusting to an artificial leg.

Once she was past my car, I could see her feet and saw the problem. It was her shoes. They looked like the kind of shoes that are worn for sex, rather than walking. They had a large platform bottom and heels that were almost as tall as a Barbie doll.

The woman didn't look like a prostitute, but I'm not sure why else a woman would wear shoes in public that aren't made for walking.

In the newspaper, I saw a picture of the woman who shot her preacher husband. In her hands was one of the shoes that her husband made her wear during sex. It was the same kind of shoe the woman crossing the street was wearing. The preacher's wife listed having to wear those sex shoes as one of the reasons she killed her husband.

What an odd world where one person willingly wears what another woman considers a reason for killing.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 4/20/2007 09:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Odd indeed.

 
At 4/21/2007 08:54:00 PM, Blogger Gary said...

I agree. This is a strange world. We are emotional creatures, and our emotions cause all kinds of strange behavior. I'm even guilty of some myself. Not too much, I hope. :)

 
At 4/22/2007 07:11:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Anon, I guess that people are just odd.

Gary, as long as you don't wear sex shoes, I don't think you have too much to worry about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home