web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

A New Dog

She's a different dog today. Last night she slept in my bed, snuggled up against me. Today, she was sitting on the couch next to me with her head in my lap. She smothers me with kisses at every opportunity. I have a real sweetheart.

Who says that money can't buy love? For $48, I bought tons of love.

Now, I just need to decide on a new name for her. The name, Lassie, doesn't work for me and given how much she must have been abused, it might have bad associations for her. We need to make a clean break with her troubled past and start fresh with a new name. I'm thinking of either Rebeca or Megan. Anyone have any suggestions?


~ Home

15 Comments:

At 4/22/2007 06:48:00 PM, Blogger Marc said...

No particular suggestions for names here, but if you do a search for "dog names" there are lots of websites available with various ideas.

 
At 4/22/2007 07:02:00 PM, Blogger Marc said...

Although I guess that was rather stating the obvious, huh? :-)

I don't know, Megan is kind of nice...

 
At 4/22/2007 07:11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

How about Marilyn? She's a pretty blonde.

 
At 4/22/2007 07:16:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Marc, I'm kind of leaning towards Megan. It's a nice Irish name for a redheaded girl.

Connie, that's my mom's name. I'm not sure how she would feel about sharing her name with a dog.

 
At 4/22/2007 07:46:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I think you should call her "davegoodman". :) lol

I like Megan. Do you think she'll like a new name? Or respond to it? I wonder if the shelter staff named her.

I am glad she's warming up to you. Maybe there will be no more "flight risk" incidents. :)

 
At 4/22/2007 11:32:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

Oh good! I'm glad she has warmed up to you.... I knew she would.

Megan is a great name for her.

 
At 4/23/2007 05:37:00 AM, Blogger Mahala said...

or Chloe.

 
At 4/23/2007 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, I once named a koi after Dave and the fish died. I won't be doing that again.

Madwag, it's such a relief. I was starting to worry.

Mahala, that's a good name too.

 
At 4/23/2007 12:43:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

So you'll name a fish after me, but you won't name a dog after your mother? hmph! :)

 
At 4/23/2007 01:11:00 PM, Blogger My Heart On My Sleeve said...

She looks like a Miranda to me, but Chloe, oh that is beautiful!

 
At 4/23/2007 08:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

she looks like a chloe!

 
At 4/24/2007 10:44:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Dave, perhaps my mom should be offended that I won't name a dog after her, but I'll name a fish after an old friend. :)

Madwag, she does look a Miranda. I could call her Randi for short.

Anon, there is some Chloe in her.

 
At 4/24/2007 10:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about Mandy?
did you know...?...
“Australian Aborigines slept with their dogs for warm on cold nights, the coldest being a – three dog night”

 
At 4/25/2007 12:24:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Anon, I considered Mandy and Mindy. They are cute names.

Even the warmest nights are, for me, a three dog night.

 
At 4/25/2007 08:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks like a little fox, so how about Foxy Cleopatra.....Cleo for short?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home