web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Fight For Alpha Dog


Look how sweet MacKenzie looks, but don't be fooled. The little bitch has decided that she is going to be alpha dog and she is making my other dogs miserable. She has decided that only she can go upstairs and sleep in my bed. She has also decided that only she can be near me. The other dogs must keep their distance.

That is not acceptable. My boys are so passive that they're letting her get away with this and they are miserable, so I'm fighting their battles for them.



See how feisty she looks because Kelsey is near her? Two seconds after this picture was taken, she attacked Kelsey. When she attacks the boys, she goes into the garage for one minute as punishment. A second offense within the hour is a two minute visit in the garage. She learns fast, there have been no third offenses within the hour.

She will probably end up being alpha dog, but with power comes responsibility. She will learn that the boys are not to be bullied and that we are a family. If she doesn't learn that, she will be living outside in a fenced in area by herself. I think that she will catch on.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 4/29/2007 05:55:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I can see another possible reason... This dog has probably never had anyone love her before. She probably wants you all to herself.

It sounds like your training is going really well. She'll catch on.

 
At 4/29/2007 08:42:00 PM, Blogger My Heart On My Sleeve said...

Poor boys. I think your glasses are a lost cause girl.

 
At 5/01/2007 05:24:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

I have always said that in order to train a dog, a person has to think like a dog. I believe you are going to win this battle.

BTW, great photo.

 
At 5/01/2007 11:26:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, I'm trying hard to convince her that that there is no shortage of love in my household and that there is no need for her to hog it all.

My heart, I feel so sorry for the boys, too.

Gary, I'm going to win this battle or she is going to live outside. I am making some progress, though. She's finally housebroken at least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home