web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Taking Direction From A Dog

Today, the pups and I went for a walk along a route that is particularly annoying. The street trees are planted down the exact middle of the sidewalk, which means that we all have to agree on which side of the tree to pass. If one dog goes one way and the rest of us go the other way, we all crash. No one likes that. MacKenzie solved the problem for us.

Tommy and MacKenzie walk side by side in front. I'm a leash length behind and Kelsey is one step behind me. When we're almost to the tree, MacKenzie side-swipes Tommy to let him know which side of the tree we're going to pass on. Tommy does as directed and the rest of us in back follow the lead.

Who knew that MacKenzie knows how to herd? Or, that the rest of us wouldn't mind being herded? MacKenzie solved a problem that has been bothering me for years. She may be a little bossy, but she knows what she's doing.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 5/02/2007 03:17:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Wow... she's starting to earn her keep. :) Every dog needs a job. I'm glad MacKenzie is finding her niche.

 
At 5/02/2007 10:30:00 AM, Blogger Gary said...

Dogs really are amazing creatures.

 
At 5/02/2007 05:07:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

You and the gang must be an interesting sight when you stroll by.

 
At 5/03/2007 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

that is great... maybe she does understand the responsibility of alpha dog?

 
At 5/03/2007 09:32:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, it never occurred to me that what I needed was a herder.

Gary, they sure are.

Alan, people do turn and stare.

Madwag, she seems to be catching on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home