web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

A Green Porsche

I was saw this very green Porsche on the freeway. The car was new, it didn't even have plates, but the color was so bizarre. I've never seen a bright green Porsche.

It was the same shade as a green M&M.

I was curious if Porsche was making cars in this color or if the buyer got his new car custom painted. I did a quick Internet search and had no trouble finding every type of Porsche being made and every technical detail imaginable, but I couldn't find a list of colors.
Perhaps if I did a longer search I could find that, but why is it that hard? Doesn't everyone know that color is the most important feature of a car?
If you wanted to buy a seventy thousand dollar car, would you get it in M&M green?


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 9/08/2007 08:23:00 PM, Blogger Southern Gal Nursing Student said...

Melissa,
I found this. It may explain the color. But still, the green is not for me either!

http://www.autospies.com/news/The-coolest-Porsche-colors-you-ll-probably-NEVER-see-Exclusive-photos-16215/

 
At 9/08/2007 08:48:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Wow! That was it. Most of the people commenting felt the same way I did about it. It looks cheap and like an M&M. Thanks for the search.

 
At 9/09/2007 06:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would go with the classic Red. It says "Look at me, look at me! I am rich & I can afford this Porsche." That green makes it look like one of those cars that teenagers customize for racing. It definitely screams "I'm 19 and I want to impress chicks!" I'll pass on the green.

 
At 9/09/2007 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

I prefer my Porsches in basic black.

 
At 9/09/2007 05:01:00 PM, Blogger Jack said...

All Porsches should be Guards Red - but there have been 87 different greens over the years.

The green is ugly, but so is the way folks trying to be "in the know" pronounce the name. It ain't PORSH, folks. It's PORSH-UH. That comes straight from the good doctor himself.

 
At 9/10/2007 01:41:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Il nurse, I agree. The green looks like it should be on a teenager's VW bug.

Alan, black looks nice, but it shows dirt. Make sure that the servants clean it often. :)

Bulldog, I didn't know that there were 87 shades of green, much less that many shades of Porsche green. I'm glad to hear that I pronounce the word correctly.

 
At 5/31/2009 03:43:00 PM, Blogger Brookesd said...

Its actually a 911 GT3RS, a race tuned Porsche 911. They have many colors available such as the green/black combo. orange and black combo and others. you can go to Porsche.com and look at the car itself.

 
At 6/08/2009 07:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I agree with what everyone said about the cheapness. But, I am absolutely in love with the color green, so I would definitely buy it. Haha.

 
At 9/25/2009 10:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAH you guys are such amaters.. It is pretty much a race car.. It like brookesd said, a 911 GT3 RS.. The color is mean to be over the top.. You see bright green or orange Lamborghini don't you? I hope to own one of those beasts one day.. I just need over 6 digits of cash laying around.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home