web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Is It Hot Where You Are Too?

I don't mean to brag, because it's probably hot where you are too, but while driving around the Valley yesterday, the temperature got up to 113 degrees.


The above photo was taken from the Sepulveda Pass, coming down into the San Fernando Valley. What is really making this place a Hell-hole is the humidity. See the clouds? That's not typical with this kind of heat in LA. (Please excuse the dirt and bugs on the windshield.)



At least my air conditioner is working better than ever. Eddie, the air conditioner guy, did a great job, saved me eight thousand dollars and got the work done fast. If I had gone with Sears, I would still be waiting for them to get to me and much poorer.



This photo was taken in Culver City on the banks of Ballona Creek. Lovely, isn't it? It's nice to see how they improved on nature by lining the creek with concrete and removing the unsightly trees and grass that once must have grown along its banks. Heaven forbid that a creek should be allowed to remain in its natural state.

What I was doing in Culver City is getting Kelsey his chemo. The chemo he's getting rarely has any side effects in dogs and so far he's doing well. If that changes, then I will re-think his treatment plan. He might have as much as a year left, but there are no guarantees.

The people at the cancer center are very nice and use correct terminology. For example, I'm known as Kelsey's mom and he is referred to as my baby. The vet even kissed him on top of the head on his boo-boo. The kindness helps so much at this difficult time.

Sony Studios is just a few blocks from the vet's office and I have to drive by it. That's where Jeopardy and Wheel are taped. I keep hoping I'll see Alec Trebec or Vanna White wandering around outside. You never know, they might want to go to the El Pollo Loco across the street. I'll keep my camera handy when I drive by there, just in case.

Culver City, by the way, was only 80 degrees. I guess that's a major reason why people like to live in the crowded, expensive west side.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 8/30/2007 06:43:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

That does look quite icky without any vegetation.

It's been hot here, too, but not 113 degrees. This morning was actually cool, though. Fall will be in Nebraska before we know it.

I hope Kelsey is feeling well.

 
At 8/30/2007 07:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At this moment, we are getting thunder, lightning, rain and hail. I'm surprised we still have power.

I'm glad your precious pooch is getting such good care.

 
At 8/30/2007 08:02:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, he feels fine. We won't get Fall in the air here until after Christmas, when the leaves start to change.

Connie, I would love to have a rain storm. I'm jealous.

 
At 8/31/2007 03:35:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

We hit 80 yesterday, but now it's cooled off a bit.

 
At 9/01/2007 08:32:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I'm jealous. Eighty degrees feels like Heaven, rather than that other place it feels like now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home