web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Raid v. Pam For Cooking

I was in the mood for buttermilk pancakes, so I decided to make some. To try and save calories, I was going to use Pam to grease the pan. I grabbed the can and almost started to spray when something didn't seem quite right.
It was Raid. The cans are quite similar, don't you think?

I'm having a major ant problem. It's that time of year, so I like to keep a can of Raid handy. It may have been a little too handy.

The pancakes turned out fine. They were slightly burnt just the way I like them. My dad grew up on burnt pancakes and that's how he fixed them for me. He burned them on purpose because that's what tasted good to him. I'm continuing the tradition. Burnt pancakes taste like love.



~ Home

6 Comments:

At 8/17/2007 11:35:00 PM, Blogger may said...

well, in the dark maybe. the colors are pretty opposite :)

 
At 8/18/2007 11:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Burnt pancakes are full of free radicals, which is better than ant poison, I suppose. Better load up on anti-oxidants! Probably should store the Raid under the sink, too.

 
At 8/18/2007 12:34:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

May, the different colors help if you have them memorized. I'm a dunce when it comes to that.

Connie, I didn't need to know that.

 
At 8/19/2007 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Annette loves burnt pancakes as well. I'm still not sure yet.

 
At 8/19/2007 05:42:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Well then, Annette was raised right.

 
At 8/20/2007 07:45:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

yikes.... glad you caught yourself intime... lol.

burnt stuff is good ... pancakes included.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home