web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Another Day At The Beach

This is Malibu. Zuma to be more precise. It was also hot, but except for our tootsies, Lindsay and I didn't go in the water. I didn't go in because I hate cold water and forgot my wetsuit.


Lindsay didn't go in because of this. See the lifeguard boat? That's used for collecting the people who get caught in riptides and are swept out to sea.

The last time we body surfed, we got caught in a riptide. I was able to swim out of it, but Lindsay had to be rescued. Not by the boat, but by a lifeguard who swam out and dragged him back. Now, Lindsay doesn't want to go in the water.
This is just some girl with a bushy-bushy blond hairdo. (Does the wind ever stop blowing at the beach?)




~ Home

3 Comments:

At 8/07/2007 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surfin' USA! I don't blame him for not wanting to go back into the water. How scary! I usually don't go any deeper than my ankles.

 
At 8/07/2007 05:06:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

OK, now the Beach Boys are in my head and I can't shake them out. We tried body surfing at Laguna Beach one time. Did pretty well except one rather large wave hit me wrong and I did several somersaults as it pushed me up the beach.

 
At 8/09/2007 01:39:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Connie, as long as I'm swimming in front of a lifeguard tower, I feel safe. I won't go in the water unless there are lifeguards.

Alan, now I have the song, Wipeout, going through my head.

There are few things worse than a bad wipeout.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home