web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

The U.F.O.

Driving home late at night, a glowing red light in the sky caught my attention. It was a sort of spherical object hovering in place. The color turned whitish at times and the object kept changing shape. Sometimes it was round like a ball and other times it flattened out like a, well, flying saucer.

I don't give much thought to flying saucers. To be honest, I don't believe in them, but what could this thing be? It definitely wasn't a plane or helicopter. I was so transfixed that my driving was affected. Cars were starting to pass me because I wasn't maintaining a proper speed.

A hill blocked my view for a few minutes. When the object came back into view, it was huge and so bright red. It also clearly had the word "coffee" written on it. It was a blimp above a new coffee shop and as the wind hit it, it would spin around and appear to change shapes. I guess they wanted to attract attention. They got mine.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 7/19/2007 05:22:00 AM, Blogger Mahala said...

I probably would have driven right off the road.

 
At 7/19/2007 05:58:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Must have been from the planet Starbuck.

 
At 7/19/2007 09:18:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

lol...alan...

maybe they were coming down to get our caffine because their planet was depleted... a bunch of grumpy sleepy aliens

 
At 7/25/2007 01:51:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Mahala, I don't know why the other drivers weren't impaired by the sight also.

Alan, it was a competitor. Maybe they will conquer our planet.

Madwag, or mabe they run their ships on coffee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home