web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, July 08, 2007

A Covered Bottom



Since I'm going to Hawaii in a couple on months, I decided to buy some new swimsuits. I really wish that I had looked in my swimsuit drawers before I went shopping. One of the suits I bought was nearly identical to one I already own.
With so many swimsuits that I rarely wear, it's tough to remember what I already have. Don't ask me why I have close to thirty swimsuits. I don't know why.
The biggest challenge was finding suits with the correct amount of coverage. That immediately ruled out the Junior's, not that I didn't try. If I pulled the bottoms up high enough to cover my crack, then the rest of my butt hung out the bottom of the suit. There simply wasn't enough fabric to get the job done.
I'm not sure that any age I would have looked good with my bare bottom hanging out of a swimsuit, but at age 51, bottom coverage is a must.
The Women's section went to the other extreme. So many of the suits had built-in girdles, underwires, hard cup bras and skirts half-way down the thighs. That wasn't what I wanted. I wanted bikinis, dammit, not something that my grandmother would have worn.
It took some searching and a ridiculous number of trying things on, but I managed to find three suits I liked, one of which I already owned. I'm only going to Hawaii for five days. If I wear five different suits a day, I still won't be able to wear all of my swimsuits. How silly is that?


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 7/11/2007 09:09:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Annette reads this blog regularly, so I need to be careful about my comments.

So, nice looking garden you have there.

 
At 7/12/2007 12:13:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanks. I work hard to keep my garden looking nice. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home