web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, June 25, 2007

A Slightly Bigger Door

It didn't seem like that big of a deal to me. The flap of the dog door was torn and needed replacing. I couldn't find just a flap, so I bought a whole new door. Since they had them in extra large, that's what I bought. The old one was just a large and is hard for big dogs to use.

I put in the new door and left for work. When I got home, there were three large puddles and three dumps on the carpet. It never occurred to me that the dogs wouldn't know how to use the new door. Heck, it's just like the old one, only bigger. What's the problem?

Now, I have to train them and shampoo the carpet.


~ Home

8 Comments:

At 6/25/2007 08:32:00 AM, Blogger Marc said...

Improper core dump handling could lead to escalation privilege allowing attackers to gain local root privileges.

Just thought I'd warn you.

Have a nice day ;-)

 
At 6/25/2007 11:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unconditional love, it's a beautiful thing.

 
At 6/25/2007 07:01:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

how about if you train them TO clean the carpet?

 
At 6/25/2007 11:45:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

Silly dogs... what were they thinking?!

 
At 6/26/2007 09:16:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Marc, uh okay. Thanks for the warning.

Anon, thanks, I think.

Lisa, I wish.

Madwag, they weren't thinking.

 
At 6/27/2007 05:07:00 PM, Blogger Marc said...

Absolutely. You are welcome. Have a LOVELY day ;-)

♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥--♥

 
At 6/28/2007 04:07:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Maybe some critters just don't like change.

 
At 6/29/2007 12:35:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, I think that includes humans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home