web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Just a Statue

A Golden Retriever statue has been sitting on the piano ever since Mackenzie arrived. Deciding to get rid of some of the clutter in the living room, I picked it up and moved it to the kitchen. I never get rid of clutter, I just move it around.

While I was carrying it, MacKenzie started jumping up and down trying to get it. I set it down on the floor and while wagging her tail enthusiastically, she started sniffing it. Disappointed or perhaps to her relief, she discovered it wasn't a real dog.

I wonder if all this time she has been looking at the dog on the piano thinking it was real.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 6/23/2007 08:33:00 PM, Blogger Marc said...

If you don't mind me asking....which one is the statue? I'm...I'm having a little trouble telling th difference.

 
At 6/25/2007 12:32:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

In real life you wouldn't have any problem. MacKenzie would be the one who is growling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home