web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dementia Humor

I was admitting an elderly lady and asked her a routine question regarding whether she has ever smoked.

She answered, "No, but I f#cked a lot."

Later, she was taken down for some x-rays of her foot. When she got back, she complained that instead of x-raying her foot, they had been taking pictures of her vagina.

Dementia is a sad thing. I deal with it by laughing hysterically.

Another confused patient needed to be turned and to have the skin on her back checked for pressure ulcers. As I rolled the patient over against her will, my coworker leaned her head over to take a look at her bottom. At that precise moment, the patient explosively pushed out some gas.

My coworker said, "How rude."

Usually, I put some distance between me and a patient's room before I start laughing, but this time I lost it. Nursing can be quite funny sometimes.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 6/17/2007 07:53:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because I currently work in a nursing home, I have decided that when I become old and I am placed in one, I will be the biggest b*tch ever, because it seems the ones that were nurses are exactly that way.

 
At 6/17/2007 11:10:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Ah, once again farts are universally funny.

 
At 6/18/2007 06:24:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

yes... farts are funny.

 
At 6/19/2007 12:25:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Anon, I do find that nurse patients tend to be the biggest bitches of all. I wonder why that is?

Alan and Madwag, it's true. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home