web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, June 07, 2007

The Bottle Cap

I was sitting on the patio drinking beer when I noticed the bottle cap. It looked like the inside of the cap was corroded. There was a black splotch on the shiny metal cap. It didn't stop me from drinking the beer, but it did get me to wondering.

Just in the interest of science, I opened a second bottle of beer to see if the splotch was unique to that one bottle. Of course, I drank the second beer while I contemplated my discovery. The second bottle had the identical splotch. It had to mean something, it was too ugly to be purely decorative.

I decided that the splotch was a silhouette of a flying insect with its wings extended above its body. What that had to do with beer was a mystery. Although, it did remind me of a story my dad told me about a moonshiner he knew of during prohibition. This moonshiner was well known for his smooth whiskey with the amber color. When his still was found by the law, it was broken up and hundreds of grasshoppers were found inside. That's what gave the whiskey its lovely color.

It got me to wondering if grasshoppers or other flying insects were responsible for the beer's color. It didn't stop me from drinking the beer, but still, it was a puzzle. Then I turned the cap around.

It was a moose's head. I guess that makes sense if you're drinking Moosehead beer. You don't suppose that is an ingredient do you?
Tonight I watched for the first time, Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader? It's hard to believe, but I am as smart as a fifth grader. Who would have believed it?


~ Home

9 Comments:

At 6/08/2007 06:23:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

It was a blonde moment. :P

 
At 6/09/2007 05:15:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

ha ha ha... I love it!!! you are too cute and funny

 
At 6/09/2007 07:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny!

 
At 6/09/2007 10:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If ayatollah once, ayatollah a thousand times, you gonna get a jones!

 
At 6/10/2007 09:57:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

As a former home brewer I often added a dash of moose. It assists with the fermentation process and produces a creamier head.

Have you tried Moose Drool beer? I wonder what they put in that?

 
At 6/10/2007 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Marc said...

Start here --------------------->

 
At 6/11/2007 12:21:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, I seem to have a lot more of those blonde moments than you have. :)

Madwag, I was serious.

Bizkits, what's a jones?

Alan, I've never heard of Moose Drool beer. Being closer to the border, you might get more varieties of Canadian beer than I do. It is Canadian, right?

Marc, a water bottle?

 
At 6/11/2007 03:56:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Moose Drool is actually brewed in Montana. (It is a border state though).

 
At 11/25/2009 07:38:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post as for me. I'd like to read more about that theme.
BTW look at the design I've made myself Companionship in London

 

Post a Comment

<< Home