web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Fish Discovery

MacKenzie discovered a terrifying truth today. We are not alone. It's not just me and her furry brothers who live here. There are some odd furless, legless creatures that live under the water in the pond. She spent a good part of the day barking at the koi. The fish didn't like it either.

The reason why MacKenzie now knows there are fish in the pond is because I finally got the water clear enough to see them. How did I do it? I turned off the fountain. The pump is so powerful that it keeps any sediment in the water in suspension. Now the sediment is at the bottom of the pond where it's not so noticeable. The only problem is, I miss the roar of the fountain because it drowns at the freeway noise.

If it turns out to be a choice between not hearing the freeway and seeing the fish, I think I will go with a cloudy pond. I really hate the freeway noise.




I came back from running errands today to find a big pile of clothes on the floor, topped with the old collar MacKenzie came with and a rock that I brought home from Ireland. MacKenzie had gone through my closet, pulled the clothes off the hangars and dragged them to a spot at the top of the stairs. Her old collar had been on a bookshelf and the rock came from a window sill.

It's such an odd collection. I can sort of see the fun in pulling down clothes and the collar was hers, but what is with the rock? Too bad I can't ask her what it all means.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 5/30/2007 10:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe she thinks your dresses need some accessories?

Sounds like it's time to get a white noise generator. How about a fan?

 
At 5/31/2007 07:33:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

Jamie has been trying to tell us something... we just aren't getting it. I hate it when I don't understand my animals.

Go for the cloudy pond... I hate noise too! There is too much of it here from the busy road behind our house.

 
At 5/31/2007 05:24:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Maybe it was breezy and she used the rock to keep everything in place?

 
At 5/31/2007 06:57:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Connie, lol. I guess I could wear her old, frayed collar, but what does she want me to do with the rock?

I would need white noise generators all through the yard and house. The freeway is awful without the roar of the fountain.

Madwag, I'm going to have to go back to the fountain. I tried a smaller pump, but it didn't do the trick with making enough noise.

Alan, I bet you're right, now that I think about it. Rocks make good paper or clothes weights.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home