web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

An Indiscrete Photo

My brother is absolutely mortified over a mistake he made. I don't mean to laugh at my brother's expense, but it is amusing.

While looking through wedding photos to choose some to send to all of his friends, he came across some photos from his daughter's bachelorette party. It was just a bunch of girls having fun in some one's house, but one of the photos was a little racy. The beautiful bride in jeans and a veil was posing in a somewhat lewd manner with an inflated condom.

My brother meant to delete the photo, but instead, accidentally e-mailed it to everyone on his mailing list, including me.

I thought it was a bit odd that my brother would send me that photo, but it was just a bunch of girls being silly and slightly naughty. Isn't that what girls are supposed to do at bachelorette parties?

Later that day my brother realized what he had done. He left a rambling message on my answering machine and with a quivering voice, apologized and asked me to please delete the photo. There was also an e-mail, again apologizing and asking me to please delete the photo. He had to do that with everyone.

I wonder what he is going to say to his daughter when she gets back from her honeymoon. It's hard to say who is going to be more embarrassed, my brother or my niece.

It's great to be able to send photos with the click of a button, but it can also be risky, depending on what else has been downloaded. The e-mail and delete button are quite close together.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 7/04/2007 08:31:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

that is brilliant... I love it!

 
At 7/07/2007 01:24:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I did too. My poor brother. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home