web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, July 02, 2007

The Wedding


My niece got married over the weekend. She looked like Cinderella, only prettier. Her equally pretty sister, dressed in hot pink, is on the left. My brother and his wife are facing the bride and groom.

The wedding was at U.C. Irvine, which, although a long drive, beat the alternative. The bride lives in Minnesota where she is attending pharmacy school. I once drove from Minnesota and it was something like a 5 day drive through millions of miles of corn fields. The boredom nearly killed me.



This is my parents and me. They have been married almost 62 years. Don't they look great? My mother never ceases to amaze me. She out-danced me. I had to sit down and rest while she kept rocking the night away. Not bad for someone 80 plus years old.







~ Home

6 Comments:

At 7/03/2007 12:10:00 AM, Blogger may said...

wow. i agree with you, your mother looks great! do you ever think that by looking at her you can see how you're gonna look at her age? quite fascinating.

 
At 7/03/2007 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I think about that every time I see her.

 
At 7/05/2007 06:35:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Lovely photos. You all look very nice.

 
At 7/06/2007 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Very nice photo of you and the folks. Is that a favorite dress?

 
At 7/06/2007 04:18:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

The bride looks like a dark-haired version of you. Same nose, cheekbones, smile. :)

 
At 7/07/2007 01:27:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Thanjs, Lisa.

Alan, I tried to buy a new dress for the wedding, but couldn't find any that I like as well. So, I guess that is a favorite dress.

Thanks, Dave. She has her mother's eyes and coloring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home