web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Home Improvement

I've been working hard all week on my new floor and I haven't even opened the packages of wood yet. Once the carpet was gone, it occurred to me that the walls looked dingy and that this would be the perfect time to paint. So, I spent several days painting.

And once the walls were painted, the doors looked dingy, so they got painted as well. Doors, I've discovered are hard to paint. Glossy paint shows brush strokes. I'm wondering if I should just get new doors.

I might be done with the painting in that one room, but I won't know for sure until I see what the paint looks like in the morning once the sun hits it.

Removing the carpet padding is so far the worst job. The carpet installers used a ton of glue to hold down the pad and it's stuck to the floor. The floor scraping tool doesn't work very well on that gooey mess and I'm beginning to regret not just putting the wood on top of the carpet pad, but it's too late now.

Hopefully, by the end of the week I will be ready to start laying wood. That's when the real cursing will start.

Once the downstairs is done, I'll need to fix up the upstairs. Help! I've started renovating and I can't stop.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 7/16/2007 08:22:00 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Lol.. that's how I am with cleaning.

I
can't
stop!

Be sure to get us some pictures of the "new house". :) I'm sure it's lovely!

 
At 7/16/2007 01:00:00 PM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

Connie gets like that when she's cleaning. I call it a "cleaning frenzy", like sharks. :)

 
At 7/16/2007 09:38:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Eighteen years ago, when we bought the house, I thought home improvment projects were fun. For the last seventeen years I have learned they are not.

 
At 7/16/2007 11:38:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

lol.... yep... we haven't stopped either. We started w/ the upstairs when we moved in 5 years ago... we did the whole house and new we are upstairs again redoing our bedroom...we did the girls last year...then when we are done w/ that we are starting on the dining room again, new paint... and then the kitchen cupboard doors.... never ending.

 
At 7/17/2007 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, I should post photos of what it looks like now. It's all torn up and awful looking.

Dave, it is hard to stop once you get started.

Alan, it took you a whole year to figure out that home improvements aern't fun? :)

Madwag, that's true. By the time you're finally done, it is time to start over again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home