web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Carpet War

I hate my trash company. I pulled up my carpet and cut it up into pieces. I filled the trash can with as much as much as it would hold and set aside the rest to throw out next week, because the trash company will only take one can a week.

I came home to find a full trash can and a note that said, " We do not pick up carpet." Bastards. I would like to know why the hell not.

As long as it fits in the trash can, doesn't violate the weight rules and isn't a biohazard, why do they care what is in the can?

Now, I'm going to have to cut it into smaller pieces, hide it in the bottom of the can and cover it with dog poop. Whether they like it or not, they are going to get that carpet.


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 7/14/2007 04:23:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Usually, we have to haul that kind of stuff to the dump. Or else, find a flooring store with a dumpster... after the store closes, that is. :)

 
At 7/14/2007 06:25:00 PM, Blogger Mahala said...

Dang, too bad you can't cut it up and bag it.

 
At 7/15/2007 09:48:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

That would make me angry. You are lucky to get your rubbish taken away once a week... ours is once every two weeks... England is on a huge recycle kick...and cutting costs for the dustbin men.... argh! So we are forced to recycle everything we can... even food waste...the crap thing is that the recycle guys won't take plastic so we have to take them to the recycle centre .... what a hastle... but most of them are located by a grocery store.

 
At 7/15/2007 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Anon, now why didn't I think of that? :)

Mahala, I got lucky. A friend wants the stained carpet for his house. His old dog can't walk on his hardwood floors, so he needs to create carpet paths for his dog.

Madwag, we have recycle bins too, but their use is optional. I couldn't imagine going two weeks between trash pickups.

 
At 7/15/2007 10:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely sounds like a downside to the recycling rage. Same here, we'd have to take it to the dump. We also take our glass, plastic and paper to the recycling place - it's a pain in the toe.

Good luck with getting rid of that carpet ;-)

 
At 7/16/2007 09:36:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

We have totes for garbage, recyclables and for yard waste. The biggest problem is small appliances, which you are not allowed to put in any of the aforementioned three. They have to be placed in a big plastic bag with a sign marked "Appliances". You set them out on garbage day. After they sit on the curb for several days (because they never get picked up), you break them up and hide them in the normal garbage bags.

 
At 7/17/2007 12:59:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Karen, the least they could do is pick up your recycled stuff. I couldn't imagine loading up my car with all that icky garbage, crawling with ants.

Alan, there is nothing like hiding trash as a solution. If trash companies make it hard enough to get rid of trash, what can you do but hide it with the regular trash? I don't drive to the dump, wherever that is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home