web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Scary Blob On The Floor

Our secretary was staring in shock, disbelief and horror at something on the floor. It was a plum-sized pile of reddish goo. Finding something like that on a hospital floor is not good. God only knows what orifice it might have slipped out of. The secretary had only been gone from the floor for a minute. She couldn't imagine what awful thing had happened in such a brief period of time.

I rushed over and picked it up with my bare hands. It was mine. I had taken a bite out of a plum earlier. It was rotten, so I had balled it up in some trash and threw it out. Only, the plum had slipped out and plopped on the floor without my noticing. Not all gooey red piles in a hospital involve bodily fluids or waste. Sometimes it's just a plum.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 7/18/2007 05:33:00 AM, Blogger Mahala said...

LOL Did the other nurse freak out when you reached down to pick it up?

 
At 7/19/2007 12:26:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Her jaw dropped. For the rest of the evening I was having giggling fits over it.

 
At 7/19/2007 09:16:00 PM, Blogger Madwag said...

If I had found it, I am the type that would have gotten down to inspect it and poke it w/ something.

 
At 7/20/2007 10:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eeeek - Oh Melissa :-D

 
At 7/25/2007 01:52:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, you would have a lot of fun in a hospital. Lots of things to poke.

Karen, there's no need to get frightened by a plum. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home