web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Can't Wait To Go To Work

This is why I have been neglecting my Blog. I am not having fun. The new floor is not held in place with nails or glue. It is simply pounded into place. The problem is that once one seam is pounded straight, the hammering throws off the other seams. I then have to go back and hammer them straight which in turn thows off the other seams. I am going crazy. This is one of the few times I am looking forward to going to work, because even that is preferable to this madness.

Thank goodness for molding, wood putty and area rugs because I will be needing these to hide the flaws. I am so sorry that I didn't hire someone to do this for me.

Oh, this happened also. I don't know what I'm going to do about it other than keep a large container on the floor to collect the water.



~ Home

10 Comments:

At 7/25/2007 07:09:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Umm... what happened to your ceiling??

The floors are a pain to do. We did ours from one end to the other, then started doing the next line. You need those spacer things to keep the boards from moving. They make them specifically for this kind of installation.

 
At 7/25/2007 10:38:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Other then water in the ceiling, I don't know what happened.

I'm using wood scraps for spacers, but it's hard because none of the walls are straight. They are about an inch and a half off across the 30 foot room. The directions said to install the planks pyramid style, so that's what I'm doing.

 
At 7/26/2007 10:57:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Guess you can't blame this one on the dogs. How did you get it fixed?

 
At 7/26/2007 06:46:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Sorry to see the reason for lack of blogging. I just figured that new boyfriend thing was working out.

 
At 7/27/2007 12:23:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Connie, it's not fixed. Once the ceiling collapsed, the water stopped dripping. I have no idea where the water came from or if it's going to do that again.

Alan, the boyfriend thing is working out, but he's also busy with his own home renovation. His is going better than mine.

 
At 7/27/2007 12:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would consider calling a plumber. Maybe you had a pipe break or something.

Or have your bf come over and look @ it?

 
At 7/27/2007 06:53:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

When I'm done with the floor, I'll worry about the ceiling. I'll try to fix it first, then the boyfriend will get a crack at it and then if all else fails, I'll call a plumber. Right now the ceiling is dry, so I have some time, I hope.

 
At 7/28/2007 05:02:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

bummer.... hope it got sorted... good luck on the floor.

 
At 7/29/2007 11:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The floor looks quite good in the picture - you can do this!!!

I agree with Lisa - sounds like a leaking pipe.

 
At 7/30/2007 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, thanks.

Karen, thanks for the encouragement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home