web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Locked Inside My Car

There is a mock commercial circulating on the Internet about some poor, frantic blond who locks herself inside her car and can't get out. She is told to lift up the little knob on the door and is relieved to be free from her prison.

I thought that the joke was funny until today, when it happened to me. While driving, I had accidentally hit the master switch that locked all of the doors. It wasn't my fault. It was the fly's fault. I was trying to lower the windows so it could escape and not wanting to take my eyes off the road, I just felt around for the button. Naturally, I hit the wrong button.

I figured that if I could find the master locking button, I could hit it again and unlock all of the doors. I either didn't find the right button or it didn't work in reverse, the result being the same, I was locked inside my car.

It was hot outside and with the engine off, my car was heating up rapidly. I looked around for a little knob on top of the door to lift up, but there weren't any. My anxiety level was rising. I was going to die from heat exhaustion. Then I noticed the toggle switch next to the door handle. I hit it and the door unlocked. It's not easy going through life blond.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 8/10/2007 05:31:00 AM, Blogger Mahala said...

Ahhh well, there's not a blonde speck on me anywhere and I do stuff like that daily lol.

 
At 8/10/2007 08:49:00 AM, Blogger dkgoodman said...

You could ask Lady Clairol to make you a redhead. :)

 
At 8/12/2007 08:50:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Mahala, we'll, I'm glad that it's not just me.

Dave, that would probably make me both ditsy and bad-tempered.

 
At 8/13/2007 11:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol - had a blonde moment, did you? You aren't alone, believe me ;-)

 
At 8/14/2007 10:02:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

That said by another blond. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home