web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Earthquake Present

Last night I dreamed that while lying in bed, there was an earthquake. The next morning my mom called and asked if I felt the earthquake. I had no idea it really happened. It seemed like just another dream. I hope this doesn't mean that the tsunami happened too.

When I came to work, I saw our earthquake present, a half-dozen new flashlights. They give us that after every earthquake. It's nice, but it would be better if they gave us the flashlights before earthquakes.




My new floor is almost done. I just need to install two more thresholds and a sealing coat and it will be done, I think. I'm still playing with some of the cracks. If you don't look too closely, the floor looks good. Of course, I know where all of the problem areas are, so my eyes go straight to them. That's one of the disadvantages of doing the work myself. Now, I just have to decide if I will do the kitchen too.


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 8/10/2007 10:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The floor is almost done - how exciting. It's like waiting for the birth of a baby. I can't wait to see the results. Did the earthquake affect the floor at all?

 
At 8/12/2007 08:51:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Connie, the earthquake didn't appear to do anything bad.

 
At 8/26/2007 06:14:00 PM, Blogger andyk said...

I was awake with my cousin at the time and I felt it. I swear I thought it was ghosts. I live in the area.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home