web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Safe From Killer Koi

This is MacKenzie on guard duty. She's protecting us from the fish. If one dares come to the surface, she growls and barks. Kelsey doesn't care about the fish, but he likes to keep her company while she is on duty.

They're getting along better now. MacKenzie will now allow Kelsey to sniff her bottom as long as he doesn't linger too long. She used to growl if he even looked at her. We're making progress.

MacKenzie works long hours. I respect her work ethic. Not many people would be willing to work so hard for only room and board. Kelsey enjoys the opportunity to spend time with his girlfriend.

Since the air conditioner broke and the weather turned so hot, she has been perching on the rocks with her front legs in the water. Smart dog.



I got up early this morning to take Kelsey to the vet to have his sutures removed. I had also planned on getting a copy of the pathology report to take to an oncologist. When I drove into the parking lot, I was greeted by a large closed sign on the building. The vet is on vacation this week. I guess my appointment is for next Tuesday, not this Tuesday.


Kelsey cried so much when I pulled into the lot that I thought he had hurt himself. He's not a crier by nature, so I examined him, but he was fine. The poor dear was just scared. We turned around and left, much to Kelsey's joy.


It was time for the sutures to come out. In another week they would be more difficult to remove and cause Kelsey more pain, so I removed them myself. He was such a good boy about that. Now we have to wait another week.


~ Home

7 Comments:

At 8/14/2007 01:41:00 PM, Blogger Mahala said...

You have to watch those killer attack Koi!

 
At 8/14/2007 07:26:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I bet Kelsey is glad you took the sutures out for him. What's next at the vet?

MacKenzie is so funny. Hopefully, the koi get to come up for air every now and then.

Our new dog has been proven to be mighty good at locating escaped hamsters. :)

 
At 8/15/2007 04:08:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Very cute pictures of the doggies.

Kelsey is lucky to have a private nurse.

 
At 8/15/2007 10:58:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

cute pics of your babies :o)

I take stitches out myself too... I avoid taking Jamie to the vet if I can. He panics so badly...

 
At 8/16/2007 11:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, they are too cute. Almost makes me wish I had dogs again. I'll bet his head feels much better without those nasty old stiches!

 
At 8/16/2007 06:59:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Mahala, that's right, I know I'm afraid of them.

Lisa, Kelsey needs to see an oncologist. If you have hamsters, it's always good to have a dog who is good at locating them.

Alan, I would rather be a nurse to dogs than people. Dogs are more grateful.

Madwag, I hate vet offices as much as dogs do.

Connie, you used to have dogs? Was this before Dave?

 
At 8/17/2007 12:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had dogs, cats, hamsters, snakes, you name it. My parents sometimes had eclectic tast in animals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home