web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Sunday, August 12, 2007

New Floor Photos

This is my new floor.

See what a pretty, sunny day it was today? It's like that everyday. It was also very hot today. Notice, also, how the afternoon sun shines through my house? Most of all, see that the door is open? That is a very bad sign. It means that the air conditioner is broken.

So, now I have a collapsed bathroom ceiling, a sick dog and a broken air conditioner during the hottest time of the year. Yeah, life is good.


This is the view of the other side of the room. There is now a huge area rug on this part of the floor. I put it there for Tommy. He has a wooden floor phobia and won't walk on wood floors. That means I have to lay down Tommy rugs, so that he can walk through the house. He'll actually jump from rug to rug. It's cute, but also sad.

Lindsay and I went shopping over the weekend and I found this Chinese antique table in a store in Santa Monica. It's not really an antique, I can't afford one of those. This is a new table that has been made to look old and battered. It seems funny to me that I had to buy a new table because I can't afford an old one.

It's kind of fun to buy furniture. I've had little experience doing that. Almost everything I own has been passed down to me from either my grandmother or parents. I really can't complain about that, but there is something to be said for buying furniture that is in my own taste.



~ Home

8 Comments:

At 8/13/2007 05:28:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

your floor looks fab!...
sorry about Kelsey.... I will be reading your updates and praying that things don't get worse...only better.
we don't have air con here..just window's and fans... our air con went out in the middle of one of the hottest summers in Phx Az... we lost some tropical fish that got too hot in the tank...lucky we had a shed w/ air con... that is where we stacked up our pets until it was fixed....

 
At 8/13/2007 07:11:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Maybe Tommie needs booties. The clicking of his nails bothers him, maybe?

Do dogs wear booties? :)

Our heat index here is 120F. I'm sorry about your air. That would stink.

Give the dogs a hug for me!

 
At 8/13/2007 11:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The floor looks absolutely fabulous - great job - I knew you could do it!!!!! :-D Yeah!

Like the new old table too :-)

 
At 8/14/2007 10:00:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, it must be a rare day that you would need air conditioning in England. In Arizona that would have been a crisis.

Lisa, booties are an idea. Or perhaps I should attach pieces of carpet to the bottoms of his feet.

Karen, thanks.

 
At 8/14/2007 07:27:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, carpet would be lovely. I want to see the carpet boots when you've got them made.

 
At 8/15/2007 04:04:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

From the pictures, it looks like the floor turned out pretty good.

"Fortunately" we don't need air conditioning (except a couple days a year}.

 
At 8/16/2007 07:02:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Lisa, okay, I'll get started on them. :)

Alan, as I sit here dripping in sweat, I wish that I could say the same about not needing air.

 
At 8/26/2007 06:12:00 PM, Blogger andyk said...

Ah, wooden floors, the better to walk on. No more spaces in between tiles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home