web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Monday, August 27, 2007

A Set-Back


The vet called with bad news. Kelsey's cancer has spread to the liver. Radiation is no longer an option, so we're left with chemo. It's not a cure, but would buy some more time. We have an appointment on Wednesday with the oncologist, so hopefully, I will have more information then about how much time he has.
I know that life isn't fair, but this is so not fair.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 8/27/2007 05:24:00 PM, Blogger Alan said...

Very sorry to hear that. Assuming that's a recent picture, Kelsey does look quite happy.

 
At 8/27/2007 06:05:00 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

I'm so sorry. I follow your misadventures, and I was hoping against hope that thing would go better for you both.

It really isn't fair.

 
At 8/27/2007 08:39:00 PM, Blogger Surgeon In My Dreams said...

I am so sorry. Hug him for a lady in S.C.

 
At 8/27/2007 09:01:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Alan, the picture was taken this weekend. He has no clue he's sick.

Antonia, thank you for commenting. I appreciate the kind thoughts.

Surgeon, thanks, I'll give him a big hug for you.

 
At 8/29/2007 12:54:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

that sucks... I'm sorry.

 
At 8/30/2007 01:42:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

That stinks. It really does. But at least he doesn't have a clue that he's sick, and that's a blessing.

Is cancer common in GR's?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home