web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Eddie, The Heating And Cooling Guy

I got another estimate to replace my air conditioner. Eddie was recommended by Lindsay who had some work done by him. Eddie took only ten minutes to figure out what I needed and then left. He called me later with an estimate of twenty-five hundred dollars for a top of the line model. Sears wanted over ten thousand and annoyed me with a two hour visit.

Eddie can do the job this week. Sears wouldn't be able to get to me for three weeks. Guess who got the job? It pays to shop around.

Eddie believed me when I told him the square footage of my house. Sears spent an hour measuring my house and then over-estimated it by five hundred square feet.

Eddie can simply remove my old compressor and hook up a new one. Sears said I needed a bigger unit which in turn required extensive construction to make it work with my existing system. Sears was going to do a huge two day job. Eddie can do it in two hours.

Eddie won't ask for any money until the job is done. How badly can this go?


~ Home

3 Comments:

At 8/21/2007 08:23:00 PM, Blogger MonkeyGirl said...

Until you said the words, "How badly can this go?" you were fine.

Those are words that should never be uttered aloud.

 
At 8/22/2007 10:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you got a second estimate!

Sounds a lot better than ten-thousand, too :-)

 
At 8/23/2007 09:21:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Monkeygirl, now I blew it.

Karen, the difference will pay for Kelsey's treatment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home