web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Friday, August 24, 2007

The Work-Up

The plan is for Kelsey to receive radiation for his skin cancer. But he has to be staged first to make sure that it hasn't spread. There is no point in radiation unless the cancer appears to still be localized. If it has spread, chemo might buy him some time, but there is no cure.

He had all of his tests today and the results should be back by Monday. They couldn't control Kelsey and so they had to put him under general anesthesia in order to do the tests. They acted surprised that was necessary. I'm surprised that other dogs wouldn't put up a fight if strangers started sticking them with needles. It's probably just as well that he didn't feel the pain of the tests. And, I admire Kelsey's fighting spirit, even if it did cost me a couple hundred extra dollars.

The real problem was that he was slow to come out of the anesthesia and I needed to take him home in order to get to work on time. I waited as long as I could until there simply wasn't a choice. I needed my dog back now. Reluctantly, they carried Kelsey out to me and I then carried him to the car. I set him down to open the door and he jumped in. The car was all he needed to recover. A little motivation goes a long ways.

They shaved Kelsey's tummy, so now his private parts are fully exposed. The fur used to hide all of that. I'm wondering if I should put panties on him, so he doesn't feel so exposed.


~ Home

5 Comments:

At 8/24/2007 05:21:00 AM, Blogger Mahala said...

Awww bless it's heart. Don't put panties on him, the other dogs will just taunt him if you do.

 
At 8/24/2007 08:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They put Ringo under when we had his teeth cleaned. It took more than a day for him to get back to his old self. Poor Kelsey. Mahala is right - the other dogs will just laugh at him. He may even be proud of his package :)

 
At 8/24/2007 09:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe some boxer briefs are a good idea. That or just stick to good old plain panties....I don't think he would appreciate lace. ;-)

 
At 8/24/2007 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Mahala, I could put panties on all of them to prevent that, but that would be a lot of laundry.

Connie, well, he has good reason to be proud.

Il nurse, he's so pretty, I think he could carry off the lace trim.

 
At 8/26/2007 12:40:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Oh my gosh.. I could see someone visiting your house unexpectedly and seeing all your dogs in panties. Don't do it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home