web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

More Kelsey Stuff

The results of Kelsey's scans and labs are back and they look good. We're just waiting for the pathology reports for the biopsies. There is just one problem. Kelsey has a rock in his stomach.

This has happened before. A few years back, he was vomiting uncontrollably, so I took him to the vet. The vet wanted to take a wait and see approach, but I insisted on an x-ray. It showed not one, but two rocks in his tummy. He was given fish flavored vaseline-like stuff to eat and the rocks passed.

Apparently, Kelsey is up to his old tricks. If the rock doesn't pass, then he will need major surgery.

His thyroid level is also low, but that is corrected easily with medication. Kelsey's regular vet told me his thyroid level was fine when it was tested at my insistence a couple of months ago. The cancer center, which got copies of his medical records, looked at the same lab results and said his thyroid level was one-quarter of a normal level. The regular vet has some explaining to do.


~ Home

6 Comments:

At 8/25/2007 01:20:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

ouch... how big is the rock?

 
At 8/25/2007 06:18:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

I had the same question come to mind. How large are these rocks?

Wishing Kelsey the best.

 
At 8/26/2007 12:44:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

(((((((hugs))))))) for Kelsey :)
Hope you guys are doing ok and that its not too hot without air.
You look super in a "hard hat"! Have enjoyed catching up on all your news :)and of course photos!

 
At 8/26/2007 12:41:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Poor dog... I'm glad his results look good, but the rock..

I'd be interested to hear what the regular vet has to say for himself. Hopefully, they didn't have you pay for a test they didn't do.

 
At 8/26/2007 06:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't there some kind of non-invasive device used to blast kidney stones? Can the same thing be used on a rock?

 
At 8/27/2007 10:45:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag and Alan, I don't know.

Michelle, it's good to hear from you again.


Lisa, I know they did the test, because they sent the results to the cancer doctor. He just misread the results.

Connie, I don't know. I suspect that the rock has been there for years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home