web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

An Intruder

Someone found my site with an Internet search of the phrase, " Is it possible for someone to live in my house when I'm away or at work?"

That is something that has never occurred to me before. I'm away for about 10 hours a day. Perhaps someone else lives in my house during those hours I'm gone. How would I know? How would the dogs be able to tell me?

Maybe I've been falsely accusing MacKenzie of chewing the buttons off my clothes and crapping on the carpet. I've never caught her in the act. I just assumed it was her since this started after she moved in. Perhaps, it is an intruder doing these things.

If someone is doing that, I need to track them down and make them pay rent, not to mention sew the buttons back on my clothes. Do you think it's possible that someone lives in your house when you're away? Is there really someone out there who is worried about this?




Something annoying happened at the grocery store yesterday. The young man ringing me up called me sir. I don't know if he just misspoke or if he thought I was a man. I said nothing, but it worried me a little.

Today, I went outside to get the paper and a young man walking by on the other side of the street whistled at me. I guess today is compensation for yesterday. Although, I can't be sure if today's young man whistled because he though I was an attractive man. I really need to start wearing make-up, but not so much that I look like a drag-queen.


~ Home

4 Comments:

At 9/06/2007 06:00:00 AM, Blogger Madwag said...

Oh dear.... I would have to say that the guy at the till was tongue tied... a whistle... I can see that. You need not worry, you look awesome!

 
At 9/06/2007 09:35:00 AM, Blogger may said...

that's why i should all hire a house caretakers. they will watch our house when we are away. or - install an elaborate high tech surveillance camera all over the house.

which made me think, if i can afford that, i probably do not need to work :)

 
At 9/06/2007 10:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't think there was any possible way to mistake you for a man. Unless you had your hair under a hat and wore really baggy clothing. They guy must have been Really near sighted!

 
At 9/07/2007 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Madwag, thanks.

May, good point.

Connie, my hair was loose and I was wearing a skirt. I like the nearsighted theory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home