web site hit counter

Misadventurous Melissa

Everyday is an adventure, or misadventure as the case may be. It is the latter that makes for the best stories, inspiring the name of my blog. I'm a nurse and an attorney (and way too silly sometimes). I am retired now. WELCOME to my blog! This is a work of fiction inspired by true events. The patients I refer to are a patchwork quilt of various patient's problems mixed together. If you think you recognize someone, you are wrong. These people do not really exist.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Missing A Nail

One of my fingernails came off and I'm so glad. Really, I am. It's the best thing that's happened to me all week. A couple of months ago when I broke my finger, the bottom half of the nail tore away from the flesh. I tried taping it back together, but it didn't take. So, for the past couple of months, I've had to put up with a dangling nail that keeps catching on things and pulling. Finally, enough of the nail grew out that I was finally able to free myself from that annoying thing. It's not a pretty site, but I don't care. I'm free.

The last few days have been bad because my unit is still closed at work and I hate floating. Some of my coworkers are calling in sick everyday because they don't want to float either which has made us even more short-staffed than usual. I'm not sure what management is hoping to accomplish by closing my unit, but it has resulted in some very unhappy, over-worked nurses. It's bad when the best thing that happens to you all week is having your fingernail come off.


~ Home

2 Comments:

At 12/31/2007 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Alan said...

Had a similar problem due to a broken toe. Last I saw the nail it was entering the Las Vegas sewer system. Ew!

 
At 1/01/2008 04:39:00 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

At least it wasn't the Seattle sewer system.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home